5 Apr 2013

Cape Town... missing the sun


   I just finished sorting South Africa's pictures (no, there are not a lot of them, yes, I'm just slow). Before I come back to "cooking" I'd like to post couple of pics and info, which might be interesting for those, who are planning to visit Cape Town (and around). Now couple of words about Cape Town hotels...
   As you know, we were traveling abound for a while, but at the beginning we decided to stay for several day in a hotel, so that we can get some rest after the flight. The first hotel was "12 Apostles" which is not in down town, but still very closed to... and just 5 min drive till Camps Bay. Here you can see it - the white building. 


Nice beach and picnic place  - walking distance...


Sometimes it's really windy!



Seals just in front of the hotel! And the roads are just good everywhere - I felt myself almost in Germany driving there...


Camps Bay - I love it there! Not the best beach at all, but nice atmosphere and lots of cafe, great food... I post a list of nice food-places. 




First Restaurant  we visited was "Azure" - very nice place in the same hotel. Ocean view, great sea-food, nice wine-list. Before or after the dinner there is also a bar upstairs. Cigars-Room is there as well.



The next hotel we stayed in Cape Town was just behind this red man (Sculpture made of Coca-Cola Boxes). Cape Grace Hotel. Walking distans to the Water Front and V&A Shopping Center.



   This guy I met next to the hotel. I was searching for a nice shot. 
He was quick: "Make a picture of me! Wait...i put my sunglasses on." And he just jumped between me and see view...

He is kind of telling you guys: "Come to see Cape Town - it's cool here!" ;)  

P.S. my restaurant-list is coming in the next post.






2 comments:

piccolina said...

Wow, what a beautiful coast! I have never thought that it's so beautiful there...

Victoria said...

Anya, i was pretty surprised as well! Was expecting everything but not such a green and reach nature there...